Sunday, June 3, 2007

Diatribe #2

When I hear "festival", I assume public accessibility for common enjoyment. So I am not impressed that Luminato, the "city wide festival of arts and creativity" includes some ticketed shows of $25-$125. They publicize it saying that half of the events are free so that art is "accessible to anyone", but what they don't mention is that most of these venues are ALWAYS free, so big deal. So, once again, I am going to attend but will not support the festival in that I will only go to the galleries etc. that I always go to for free. This runs through to the end of next weekend, June 10th, at various venues in Toronto. The website could be better organized, so have fun navigating: http://www.luminato.com/english/. Disappointing management of an inaugural event; hopefully next year they will make all of the offerings free.

No comments: